Wednesday 30 May 2012

Iris

Autumn Tryst

I love the elegance of Irises. There's a wonderful Iris Nursery, Seagate Iris on the edge of Norfolk, over the border in Lincolnshire, that have the best selection. It's truly stunning. They have over a 1000 varieties, but my first love is the Tall Bearded Iris, especially the Purple, Mauve and Lilac ones. They also have display beds which are completely wonderful. Along with Peonies and Roses, I am getting quite a collection!

Olympiad

Jeunesse

Exotic Isle

1 comment:

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love your iris, I just did a post on Iris, my neighbour has some awesome colours. Do check My garden blog (via Bluebell woods) I am trying new stuff with photography and the Iris was a nice subject. Brings back memories of home. You have some really pretty ones.
Love Norfolk by the way
Janice