Thursday 22 November 2012

The best night of November


This evening is my favourite in November, the Christmas Lights switch on. After work I met my Husband and we ventured through the City to the lovely Department Store Jarrolds. We spent some time wandering around their Christmas decorations, choosing a few beauties to come home with us. By this time our friends had made it into the City and we went to get some Hot Chocolate to keep us warm. We then made our way  up to City Hall to watch the entertainment before the big event. 


This year the proceedings were hosted by David Webster from BBC Radio Norfolk and we also got to see the Chermond Gymnastics Club, The Norwich Ukulele Society and Demi Semitone and Swank’s Frolicking Fairies. There was Carols a plenty and giant snowballs thrown into the crowd. There was singing and dancing amongst the 5000 strong crowd. The lights were switched on by silver medal winner at the London Paralympics for Archery, Mel Clarke. There were lots of Fireworks. Oh how I love these! Then Norwich glowed in it's Christmas finest. Plus there was the Confetti Canons which always make me feel like a little kid trying to grab the ornate paper shapes from the air. We wandered around the city marvelling in the festive delight and generally prettiness of the sparkling lights. I particularly liked the snow machine near the Cath K shop - it was the warmest 'snow' I had ever experienced!  But boy did it look magical. Seriously, it really is the best night of November.







2 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I love Christmas lights! :)

Lisa said...

What a wonderful evening. Norwich is pretty enough without the Christmas lighTs, I would love to visit in all it's twinkly Christmas finery.
Lisa x