Monday 26 November 2012

Christmas Stockings


I have been preparing for Christmas and beavering away in the evenings making something for each of my loved ones by hand. I have a real thing for Christmas Stockings - they evoke such strong childhood memories. Hearing the rustle of the stocking and the presents being placed at the foot of your bed by Santa. Waiting for Santa to visit the next house before creeping oh so silently to the end of your bed to feel the Stocking without making a sound, but invariably making a lot of noise! Scrambling back under the Duvet and squishing your eyes shut to hope for daylight to come soon. So this year, for my Cousins I have been making Felt Stockings, jazzed up with some Ribbon, Sequins, Buttons and Pom Poms. I love the clashing colours, it makes me smile - who knew how much I would love Hot Pink and Orange together quite so much. 


I plan to fill them with Chocolate Coins, Sugar Mice, Candy Canes and some Chocolates. All things naughty and nice! It makes quite a cheap present as I used stuff in my crafty stash and I've spent only about £10 on the sugary treats to fill all five of the sparkly Stockings. We might all be grown up now, but I still love a Christmas Stocking and hope my Cousins will too.


4 comments:

Claire said...

Hey Claire i love hot pink and orange too and your stockings look so bright and cheery.
I'm sure your cousins will love them.
Love your 'stocking' story. We used to put a pillow case at the end of the bed when I was little. Mind you it wasn't filled to the brim but there would be something in there that you really, really wanted.......

CLaire :}

Lisa said...

I'm sure they will be thrilled to bits with such a thoughtful gift, such fab stockings you have made.
And the contents sound pretty scrummy too!
Lisa x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

You can NEVER be too old for a Christmas stocking! :)

Lynne said...

Lovely, Claire - I am on a bit of a felt fest myself at the moment. I think you can get away, colourwise, with felt in shades that wouldn't quite pass the test in fabric! No idea why!
I love the stockings, and the recipients are going to be thrilled.Lx