Friday 16 November 2012

Christmas Decorations


I love love love Christmas decorations. I will confess that even in October I am waiting for the shops to put up their festive displays. There cannot be a decent Christmas decoration shop within 50 miles that I haven't got on my radar! If there is please tell me!!! Anyway, some people collect Stamps, others Comic Books or Autographs - mine is Christmas decorations. So I thought I'd share some of my favourite local haunts for the best festive shopping around.

Kerri's Farmhouse Pine
The Old Railway Station, Reepham, NR10 4LJ


Kerri's offer an exceptionally eclectic and beautiful range of Christmas decorations; stuff that I've never seen anywhere else.  From jewelled coloured glass owls to Mallard Ducks and traditional glass baubles to Toy Soldiers. I never fail to get excited when we visit and I carefully fill my basket with shiny pretty things. I love the uniqueness of their items, I can image each one is chosen with care. We often go back a few times running up to Christmas just for the sheer love of it.



Blackthorpe Barn
Rougham, Bury St Edmunds, IP30 9HZ


This is the first year that we went to Blackthorpe Barn. I just happen across it on the Internet one weekend and within the hour we were on our way there. Boy was it worth the trip - it was amazing! It has a serious amount of decorations. So many types, colours, shapes, textures. I filled a whole basket with lovely things including a Willow Reindeer and Stars. They also had the most vibrantly green Christmas trees which looked amazing against the black painted wood of the outside of the barn. We will definitely  be making Blackthorpe Barn part of our annual Christmas decoration shopping.



Elveden Estate*
London Road, Elevden, IP24 3TQ


Back to an annual haunt are the shops are the Eleveden Estate. They are great for their Christmas Decorations but also for a little gift shopping. The quality of their products is amazing. It always feels a bit of a treat going to the Elevden Estate and you can pick up something yummy in their food hall. Their decorations are a little more on the tradition side and they are wonderfully displayed. It feels really cosy inside and I love that they display their goods as you would at home. So very pretty.


Red House Christmas Barn*
IP17 1NG


My Sister took me to Red House Christmas Barn for the first time last year and boy it was a treat. So beautifully put together with lots of display trees. They also have two Reindeer which was amazing - I had never seen one before! It was a bit like walking into Narnia. They were served Mulled Apple Juice which was exceptionally tasty. We are going back this weekend and I can't wait.



*Photos from their website

2 comments:

ALoadofOldTat said...

Oh my goodness looks like you are spoilt for choice.

Lisa said...

Hope you find lots of new Christmas goodies on your jaunt out this weekend. Christmas displays really get my pulse tracing with the excitement of the festive season!
Lisa x