Thursday 12 July 2012

Photographs and Fabric


I always try and make the people I love at least one handmade gift for their Birthday and Christmas. It's just one of my things. So today is my Best Friends 30th Birthday. I've known her nearly a decade and she just makes my life better. So her gifts this year had to be special. I bought her some bits from Folksy including a lovely Sea Glass Necklace from a lovely seller called Sea Glass Sparkles. But I neeeeeeded to make her something.

Give me some Fabric, Dylon Image Maker and an Embroidery Hoop and I'm away! 

I chose a photograph that I had taken at Caister here in Norfolk a few years ago of her and her Mr Man. I did think about stretching it onto a canvas, but in the end I went with the Hoop. It took an age to rub away the paper but I'm really pleased with the finished item - I like the distressed look to the image. Hmmm, I might just have to make some for my home!

2 comments:

Jay said...

That looks really amazing, I'm sure she'll loves it! How did you do it?

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

Wow - that's amazing! I think you should do a post on how you actually do it though, as some of us don't know about these processes! Have enjoyed reading about all my fave things in your previous posts - love Heydon, will try the Recruiting Sergeant, missed the procession but saw the fireworks, didn't see the torch but hubby did. Lovely to read about Norfolk in this way! xCathy